Service-learning is a teaching and learning strategy that integrates meaningful community service with instruction and reflection to enrich the learning experience, teach civic responsibility, and strengthen communities.
Service-learning combines service objectives with learning objectives with the intent that the activity change both the recipient and the provider of the service. This is accomplished by combining service tasks with structured opportunities that link the task to self-reflection, self-discovery, and the acquisition and comprehension of values, skills, and knowledge content.
We offer service learning programs in the following fields
- Daycare an kindergarden
- Forest and protection of turtles
- Conservation and environmental education projects
- Flora and Fauna protection
- Teaching English in primaryschools
- many others!
- Be at least 18 years old (if you are not, please contact us as well. Sometimes we have special programs for those under 18 years old).
- Hold at least a high-beginner level of Spanish language. (If your level is too low or you do not have any knowledge at all, we can arrange (cheap) spanish classes as well.
The program includes
- Airportpick-up (only if you choose homestay).
- Two nights at a downtown hostel (if the project is not in san jose).
- An orientation meeting with us.
- An information package about Costa Rica.
- An orientation session with the people from the program.
- A helpdesk during the length of your stay.
- A certificate of the Spanish Classes (if you take them).
- If you want, we or the people from the project can present you a letter of recommendation detailing the activities and your participation.
- Accomodation (only if you choose this option)
With the homestay program, you also have 2 meals and laundry service.
- Your return flight to Costa Rica.
- Accomodation (if you do not choose it or when it is not possible with the project)
- Transport in Costa Rica
- Personal expenses
If you want to see the prices, please click here.