An internship is a pre-professional work experience that provides students, recent graduates, and those seeking to change careers with the opportunity to gain experience in a particular career field. For students, internships also supplement academic classes and, in some cases, earn college credit. For recent graduates and individuals considering a career change an internship is a way to try a new job without making a permanent commitment. An internship is a way to test the waters in a variety of career fields, to gain “real-life” experience, and a way to decide on – or opt out – of a certain vocation.
Different types of internships
There are two different kind of internships for different purposes.
- Work experience internship: Most often this will be in the second or third year of the school period. The placement can be from 2 months to sometimes even one full school year. During this period the student is supposed to use the things he/she has learned in school and put it in practice. This way the student gets work experience in their field of study. The gained experience will be helpful to finish up the last year of the study.
- Research internship (graduation) or dissertation internship: This is mostly done by students that are in their last year. With this kind of internship a student does research for a particular company. The company can have something that they feel like they need to improve, or the student can choose a topic within the company themselves. The results of the research study will be put in a report and often will have to be presented.
We offer voluntary projects in the following fields
We can find internship places in almost everykind of workingfield.
- National Parks
- and Many more
- Be at least 18 years old (if you are not, please contact us as well. Sometimes we have special programs for those under 18 years old).
- Hold at least a high-beginner level of Spanish language. (If your level is too low or you do not have any knowledge at all, we can arrange (cheap) spanish classes as well.
The program includes
- Airportpick-up (only if you choose homestay).
- Two nights at a downtown hostel (if the project is not in san jose).
- An orientation meeting with us.
- An information package about Costa Rica.
- An orientation session with the people from the program.
- A helpdesk during the length of your stay.
- A certificate of the Spanish Classes (if you take classes).
- If you want, we or the people from the project can present you a letter of recommendation detailing the activities and your participation.
- Accomodation (only if you choose this option)
With the homestay program, you also have 2 meals and laundry service.
- Your return flight to Costa Rica
- Accomodation (if you do not choose it or when it is not possible with the project)
- Transport in Costa Rica
- Personal expenses
If you want to see the prices, please click here.