Volunteering is a great way to contribute to a community and gain experience and personal growth. You can do it for a few weeks, but a year is also possible. We offer different kinds of programs.
We have several volunteer projects to choose from. Some positions ask for a minimum time commitment and students may cover or search their own room and board. Meanwhile, other positions cover everything. Sometimes you need relevant work experience and/or a degree. Information about specific placements is available upon request.
We offer voluntary projects in the following fields
Our program is designed for everyone who is interested in working and living in Costa Rica for a while. If you have a specific need, you can always ask us if it is possible. The various projects are related to:
- Daycare an kindergarden
- Forest and protection of turtles
- Conservation and environmental education projects
- Flora and Fauna protection
- Teaching English in primaryschools
- many others!
- Be at least 18 years old (if you are not, please contact us as well. Sometimes we have special programs for those under 18 years old).
- Hold at least a high-beginner level of Spanish language. (If your level is too low or you do not have any knowledge at all, we can arrange (cheap) spanish classes as well.
The program includes
- Airportpick-up (only if you choose homestay).
- Two nights at a downtown hostel (if the project is not in san jose).
- An orientation meeting with us.
- An information package about Costa Rica.
- An orientation session with the people from the program.
- A helpdesk during the length of your stay.
- A certificate of the Spanish Classes (if you take classes).
- If you want, we or the people from the project can present you a letter of recommendation detailing the activities and your participation.
- Accomodation (only if you choose this option)
With the homestay program, you also have 2 meals and laundry service.
- Your return flight to Costa Rica
- Accomodation (if you do not choose it or when it is not possible with the project)
- Transport in Costa Rica
- Personal expenses
Here you can find some of the projects we offer:
- Agro-Ecotourism Project
- Help to save Turtles
- Help to save Turtles in Tortuguero
- Help to save Turtles in Matapalo
- Rescue Center for Monkeys
- Rescue Center for Wildcats
- Wildrefuge project
- Rainforest project
- Help a National Park
- Help the Natural Reserve
- Indigenous National Park
- Help, protect and maintenance infrastructuur
- Help marine species in a National Park
If you want to see the prices, please click here.